Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Slice Of Life #84 - SLC (Student-Led Conferences) - Wednesday, 7/3/2018

    Today was the very day of SLC (Student-Led Conferences). I had a stomach ache that morning (that's probably going to be my 87th post), which was a really bad start to the day. I was walking to my class, prepared to tell my parents what I had been doing in class. I got a slip of paper from my teacher, which told me where to go first, and where to go after that.
    My first station was the math station. I showed them my math notebooks and also our "unit books", which were books about each unit that we had (ex: measurement, multiplication and division, equivalent fractions, etc). I was proud of my post assessment, and also how I could convert and add very well. After that, I played a math game with my parents. I completely dominated them because they didn't play with skills (as I like to say), and also because their denominators were too big.
    After the math station, we had the science/reading station. I showed my parents my science notebook, and also my research notebook. I also showed them me reading a book for research, which I pre-recorded. We also did a Quizlet (Quizlet is a app to help you learn), which my parents were really good at (only when we did learn) When we did the test, my parents were really bad because they didn't know how to spell the things. Another reason is because when we did learn, they just had to guess because the words were alike to the pictures and the definitions, and also because they were able to remember what they had already selected (Quizlet link here).
    The station after that was my writing station. I showed my parents my writing notebook (I think that you should have guessed that without needing me to tell you). My writing goal was to keep on writing. Writing was my favorite subject in school, and I told my parents all about it.
    Our last station was to meet my teacher (This paragraph is going to be shortened a lot because there are some things that I want to keep private here). My teacher told my parents my strengths and my weaknesses, and that was about it.

Do you have SLC in your schools? What did you do today? Hope to hear from you soon! Thanks for reading my blog! Feel free to leave any comments that you have in the comments section below.  Stay updated for some other good posts and please return to my blog!

1 comment:

  1. Writing wasn't my favorite subject until much later in life. I am so excited that you love writing so much now.

    ReplyDelete