After that, I went to the forest and jungle to find my den. We were filming a movie, which was a requirement in order for us to earn our Webelos badge. My classmate, ZL, who was a girl, came to the camp, but (she didn't really participate - she didn't help in doing anything except keep her annoying brothers away) she didn't get to do anything. HA-HA!
I was the producer, but my best friend, T, was director, and he was acting a shark scene, so I got to take over as director. I got to have the script the whole time, and whenever they messed up, the word "CUT!" would immediately come out of my mouth.
After filming, we just got to do some fun stuff. We got to do a scavenger hunt after our pack leader briefed us on what was allowed and not allowed.
Dinnertime was one of the most funnest times. I got to eat dinner with my friends, but sadly, I couldn't eat most of the food because of my allergies. We played around and talked about things that sadly, I will not tell you.
We got to make a real fire, and that was the funnest things. We had to find the wood to start the fire, and basically do everything. We made a fire that managed to burn for a really long time, which was alight when we performed our skits.
The Boy Scouts also thought us different skills such as first aid, pocketknife safety, fire starting, knot tying, and how to deal with flags.
I don't want to bore you to death, so I will end my post here. Those were the funnest parts of my Cub Scout camp. Have you ever went camping? Are you a Boy/Cub Scout? Have you ever made a real fire? Hope to hear from you soon! Thanks for reading my blog! Feel free to leave any comments that you have in the comments section below. Stay updated for some other good posts and please return to my blog!
I have been on more Cub Scout/Boy Scout camp outs than I can count. In Germany the Boy Scouts camped every month- even when it was snowy and below freezing. I do not love camping, but it did help me spend lots of time with my sons.
ReplyDelete