Saturday, March 24, 2018

Slice Of Life #101 - Terry Fox Run - Saturday, 24/3/2018 - Happened On Friday, 23/3/2018

    "3,2,1, GO!" The voice from Mr. Fisher was unbelievably loud as he gave the 4th graders the signal to take off.
     Every one of the 4th graders ran out of their domain, and out to the wild. I ran slowly, getting faster with every step. It wasn't long before I was running with the 5th graders, and pushed my way through the moving border of 5th graders. 2 of my friends started to catch up to me, so I ran slower to give them a chance to catch up to me.
    As they caught up to me, we all ran at the same pace, only in front of each other within 1 meter. We didn't want to be the only 4th graders running with the 5th graders. When we reached the playground, there were still some 5th graders there.
    "Run faster, 4th graders are here." I heard one of them say in a sharp tone.
    I ran faster, and motioned for my friends to do so also. We all ran faster, and we managed to overtake the girls that were running in front of us. We ran faster, and slowly there was a gap between us.
    It wasn't long before we finished our 1st lap and caught up to some people from my class. They were just on their 1st lap, but we were already on our second lap. We overtook them not long after.
    "On your right," We said as we overtook them.
    My pace slowed down to a jog, then a walk for about 10 seconds. I knew that I would let others overtake me if I walked for to long, so I then regained my pace. As I ran back out into a "unshaded" area, it was really hot, and I started to sweat like crazy.
    I ran 2 more laps, and I took a water break. I needed water. It felt like I was suffering from dehydration. I ran up the slope, and they announced that there was 3 more minutes left. I took off into a run. I overtook lots of people.
    Right after I reached the field, they closed the exit. We only were allowed to get 1 more stamp, and the event was over. I was panting like a dog. Taking deep breaths, I progressed to the end to get the stamp, and walked over for a whole bottle of water.
    The event was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment