Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Slice Of Life #171 - Post-Assessment (Part 2) - Wednesday, March 20th, 2019

    "We're doing the 2nd part of the writing post-assessment now." Mr. Herbert, my teacher, told me as I walked into the classroom.
    I walked over to the computer cart to get my computer. Flipping my computer open, I looked at my friend, Leo, who was already opening up his essay in Google Drive.
    After the document (of my essay) opened up, I reread my piece of writing over again first so I wouldn't have to spend too much time checking my work after I was done.
    After reading my piece of writing and correcting my work along the way, I decided to continue and branch off what I had already written yesterday.
    Yesterday, I left off when dinosaurs were parachuting from the sky when Bob and Bobby, my 2 main characters, were walking to school.
    I decided to make the dinosaurs hostile so there would be a problem in the story. Everything here happens because of a very beautiful streak of light (the dinosaurs parachute from the middle of the beautiful streak of light).
    In my story, one of the dinosaurs takes Bobby away, and Bob has to try and save Bob - which he does in the end.
    Looking up at the clock, I saw that I only had 15 minutes left to complete my essay for this assessment. I made sure that my ending was extra powerful, because endings can sometimes be the "magic of the story" and make people think that the story is amazing.
    I looked up at the clock again. I didn't have much time left - I had only 6 minutes.
    I got up from my seat and went to sit in front of the "board" - I don't know what to call it, because there was a projector projecting things onto the "board".
    On the "board", Mr. Herbert had put up the rubric that he and the other teachers were going to use to assess us in our fantasy writing.
    I quickly reread my story and made a few minor changes in the places that I felt like I needed to.
    "Your time is up." Mr. Herbert said just after I was done editing. I was sure that I was going to be doing good this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment