As Grade 6 gets closer and closer for me, there are some things that I need to do in order to get prepared for it.
One of the things that I need to do is course selection. In our school, for Grade 6, we are required to choose a few courses that we want to take.
There are a few required subjects, which include math, science, humanities (reading, writing, and social studies - there is more than 1 subject to cover in humanities class, so it covers 2 parts of our day), P.E. (physical education), and world language. These are the core subjects that we are required to take. They all cover 6 parts of our day - six 45 mins classes (we don't have all the core classes every day). For world language, I think that I'll take Spanish, as I've studied Spanish for 6 years already, and I don't want to give it up. I'll probably be taking Chinese after school.
But the core subjects aren't the only subjects that we take. We also have "wheel" subjects, which rotate every trimester. Health and Drama are required, but we get to choose from art or service learning. I think that I'm going to choose service learning, because in service learning, we get to work on a project that contributes to the community and put it to action. Each "wheel" subject lasts 1 trimester (basically semester, but there are 3 semesters - trimesters).
Other than that, we are required to do music. I want to continue playing the clarinet instead of learning a new instrument, so I think that I'm going to do junior band (after beginning band - I think advanced band is for 8th graders). I can also choose choir or strings, but I don't really want to do those activities.
We're going to be getting our schedules for Grade 6 near the end of May. I wonder how my schedule's going to be like, but I do hope that it's not to hard to memorize! I'm looking forward to starting Grade 6!
No comments:
Post a Comment