Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Slice Of Life #170 - Post-Assessment - Tuesday, March 19th, 2019

    "Your time starts now. Good luck." I heard my teacher say from the front of the room. I flipped open my laptop and opened Google Drive. Wifi, work! I thought.
    As soon as Google Drive opened up, I opened up a new document. Fantasy writing post-assessment, I titled it. Right after that, I began frantically typing at the keyboard. Words materialized on the computer screen, and I quickly read them over so I wouldn't have to spend too much time editing my work the next day.
    I was currently doing a fantasy writing post assessment, and this was the first 45 minute period that we got for the assessment. We were going to be doing the second period tomorrow, and after the second period, we were to turn in our essay.
    I didn't really know what to write about, but after a while, I came up with an idea. In what I've got so far, my main character, Bob, wakes up to see a beautiful streak of light in the sky casting unbelievable amounts of light into everyone's houses.
    I decided to make Bob an underdog - a person who people look down at - mainly because I believe that it's going to get me better grades, but also because our teacher told us that incorporating an underdog in the story is also a pretty good element to add into fantasy stories.
    Currently, the story's starting to reach it's climax, because dinosaurs start parachuting out of the beautiful streak of light.

To be continued tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun start! What is the problem in your story? What genre is your favorite to write? Is that the same genre you like to read?

    ReplyDelete