Monday, March 20, 2017

Slice Of Life #20 - My Fractured Arm- A Hard Time To Pass

    My eyes were sobbing with tears, my friend Victor had injured my arm. It was the end of the day and our teacher, Ms Gayle, was reminding us what ASA - After School Activities we had. I was just relaxing and resting my arm on the floor. But my friend Victor did not see that my hand was on the floor, so he also put his hand on the floor. But instead of his hand on the floor, he put his hand on my hand. Even worse, he had just put all his weight on me that I could not move my left hand. Once he found out that he had put all his weight on my hand, he immediately lifted it up. But it was too late, my eyes were sobbing with tons of tears as I was in a lot of pain and I could not move my left arm. When my teacher saw that I was crying, she asked me "Why are you crying?". Sobbing with tears, I replied "Victor put all his weight on my hand and now my hand hurts a lot.". She told me that my hand should get better later and my hand won't hurt much anymore. But she was incorrect. But my friend was nice, he offered to carry my backpack knowing that I was in pain. But I said that I could carry it myself with just my right hand. But in my ASA football, I had to rest and could not play because running would hurt my hand very badly and I could not move my left hand.
    When I got home, it just got worse. I had my chinese class. My chinese teacher had brought many worksheets for me to do, but I wrote with my left hand, and that was the hand that I just injured. I just had to tell her that I injured my hand very badly and I could not write. She thought that I was faking it, so my mom had to tell my teacher that it was actually true that I injured my left hand very badly. The class was a really bad and boring class because all I could do was read, read, and read. (I know that reading is fun, but reading straight for 2 hours without rest would be boring for me.) Only some of the books were interesting.
    The next day, my teacher saw that my arm was not getting better by even a single bit and that it was just getting worse. So Ms Gayle called a meeting between me and Victor. "How do you know that it was Victor that injured you?" "It could have been Sam," She told me. "It has to be Victor because Victor was sitting next to me because we had the same ASA - Football and on that day, Sam was a bus rider, not a ASA student." At that time I knew that the risk of Sam injuring me would have been a 1% chance and the risk of Victor injuring me would have been a 95.99% chance.
So I just decided that it was probably Victor that injured me. The days just got worse and worse day by day. After a few days, I decided that this problem was getting bigger and bigger and I decided that I want to put a stop to it, but I just couldn't. Day after day I still couldn't move my hand a single bit and everyday I could not write.
    When my mom realized that I has been the 2nd day that I could not move my left hand, my mom asked me if I wanted to go for a X-Ray to see what was wrong with my hand. I said "No, I think I'm ok." but told her that if in 2 days my hand doesn't stop hurting when I move it I would go for a X-Ray.
    2 days passed and my hand still did not get better. So I did what I said I was going to do, I was going for a X-Ray. When I got the X-Ray, my hand hurted really badly. The first X-Ray picture was ok, it didn't really hurt much. But the second was not, it hurted a lot.
A picture of my X-Ray (Look at my name on top for proof that it's mine)
After I did the X-Ray, I went for Ultrasound scanning. (It you don't know what Ultrasound means, Click Here!) The Ultrasound scanning did not hurt much.
A picture of what they found in my ultrasound (Look on top for proof that it's mine)
    They had us wait for about 5 minutes, and the doctor came out and showed us the report. The doctor said that I was fine and I had a normal elbow alignment. He said that I had a fracture.  She told me that I should be ok as soon as I start to be able to move my elbow a little.
How the envelope looked like
The Ultrasound report



Full screen of the report

Have you ever injured, broken, or fractured your arm? Have you ever taken a X-Ray?  Hope to hear from you from the comment section below!
P.S Don't tell me airport X-Ray... Haha, Just Joking...

5 comments:

  1. Yikes! I hope you are getting better. I have never fractured or broken a bone yet and I kinda want to know what it's like. I like how you used more complex vocabulary, for example, sobbing instead of crying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have sprained my arm many many times! Every time I sprained my arm it was the same one! I hope your arm is feeling better! Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zhi Hong, hope u get well soon ya, i will pray hard for u :)

    From
    Li Zhen Jie Jie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this in the post, but this happened 3 years ago. Hehehe...

    ReplyDelete