Sunday, March 19, 2017

Slice Of Life #19 - A Big Day, A Big Accomplishment - Giving My Speech

    Today was a big day for me. I was giving a speech! I may given a lot speeches but this is would be a very big accomplishment for me because I have never gave a speech for this long and have never given a speech in front of this many people. It all started when my dad asked me if I would like to take up part of his presentation as a speech. You know me, I replied yes. I have given many sppeches before but I knew that this time I would have to prepare my speech more carefully than last time since this would be the biggest audience I have ever gave a speech in. In the morning after I ate my breakfast I went up to the biggest hall to see my position for the speech. If you're wondering, I was not nervous because I have given many speeches in front of more than 500 people. This is what I said for my speech:
Dear healthcare professionals,
My name is Zhi Hong, and I'm turning 9 this year.
Since children, we're being taught to be friendly to animals but yet we see that many people actually eat them. Some adults love dogs and cats but eat chicken and beef. Adults are not doing what they say.
Vegetarian is not only eco friendly, but is also healthier, and also is preventing animals from getting killed, or even worse, extinct.
So if you have pets, you should be vegetarian too. You can't just like your pets, but eat fish. It's not fair.
All healthcare professionals are supposed to have a compassionate heart and vegetarian is an act of great love. Take care of yourself, take care of others and take care of this place.
You just can't ask your patients to eat vegetarian for a cure in their sickness but you yourself, are not showing them an example by doing it.
We children can make a difference to the world. So don't just sit there and listen to me talk, make a change in you now! Now we, parent child bonding class children would like to perform a sign language song called spirit of great love. Thank you.
When I was done with my speech, I was like a celebrity meeting my fans. The coordinator of TIMA (TIMA stands for Tzu Chi International Medical Association) missions even requested to meet me! He actually runs a whole hospital in Taiwan! He gave me some feedback to give a speech about animal rights. Tons of people came to say great job and some even requested for copyright for my speech and my dad's speech. One person even requested for a picture! After that, I helped out my mom and other people sort out the group things such as: name tags, rubbish, stickers that were not used yet, reusable paper,  folders, etc. After I done that, a person came and told me that he did not think of all the statements in my speech. I think that it was actually good for me to give my speech because the doctor that treated me when my friend injured my hand came to say great job. I have actually met with the doctor that treated my hand yesterday, but it was years back then that I met her for the first time. I never thought that I would meet her again in my life!
It was a very exciting, happy, and fun day.
Have you ever gave a speech? Have you ever been to a conference? Hope to hear from you in the comment section below!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I was really anticipating this slice! I am proud that you managed to do your speech and I would say that you really nailed it! Your words were full of wisdom and meaning. Nobody would've expected that from such a young boy like you but you proved them wrong! We are all proud of you, Zhi Hong!

    ReplyDelete