On Monday - 2 days ago, we had a "slicer lunch". A slicer lunch is when the "slicers" - people who have done slice of life for at least 2 times go up to class for lunch and we look at other people's posts to get some ideas of how to write our slices.
Some of my friends had sliced 2 times like Andrei, Eliza, etc. But some of my friends sliced more than 5 times. Currently, this is all the people that sliced at least 5 times or more. They are: Yixuan, Me, Juliet, Isabella, Mimi, Mikaela, Linnea, Sejin, and Toby. There are also people who sliced at least 10 times or more! Currently, they are - the same people. Me, Juliet, Isabella, Mimi, Mikaela, Linnea, Sejin, and Toby were the people who sliced at least 10 times or more. But there are also people who sliced continuously! They are also: Me, Juliet, Isabella, Mimi, Mikaela, Linnea, Sejin, and Toby. We showed my post - Slice Of Life #10 - The Punctured Tire (If you did not read the post "The Punctured Tire", Click here now!). We also showed Sejin's post about why she writes slice of life. (If you did not read the slice, Click here immediately!) The slice of life creators thought that her (Sejin's) poem was so good and touching that they decided to put it on their popular blog on Mar 16th. (Click here for the link!) At the end of the slicer lunch, the people who sliced for at least 10 days or more - Me, Juliet, Isabella, Mimi, Mikaela, Linnea, Sejin, and Toby got a gift. The gift was a pen and a highlighter! It was a pen on 1 side and was a highlighter on the other side.
![]() |
| It does not look like that and is also smaller. This picture is is just to let you know how it roughly looks like. |

I like how you explained what slicer lunch is. You have done a great job slicing so far. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteSorry for the late reply, thanks for the praise! Thanks for commenting on my blog almost every single day so far this month. (I do not know if it is everyday or almost everyday this month...)
DeleteHow wonderful that you get to have SLICER LUNCHES! I used to do that with my students. I think it's nice to come together with other writers to "talk shop," don't you?
ReplyDeleteBTW: That's a super-cool highlighter pen!
Sorry for the late reply, I think it's really cool to have "slicer lunches". Why don't you have one with your friends and students? Thanks!
Delete-The Author
P.S I think the highlighter pen is cool also! I'm looking forward to using it!
BTW: Sorry if I have mistaken you as a teacher...