Thursday, March 30, 2017

Slice Of Life #30 - A Hard Decision

    When I got home from my Malay class, my mom told me " See this message." At first, I thought that is was just a surprising fact that my mom wanted me to know, but today, when I read it, I found out it was not.
The message said:

Dear all, thank you very much for your reply.
Update on current situation, we just confirmed the meeting time with Master Cheng Yen ( A Buddhist Nun ), which will be on 17th Morning. 🌞
Means for 17th return flight, we are left with AirAsia's latest flight. (*China Airlines's 6.40pm flight is booked out)
Currently we have two options:
1⃣ AirAsia - cost RM 1,600 - 1,900
15th April: Depart Kuala Lumpur 10:00am, Arrive Taipei 14:40 pm
17th April: Depart Taipei 2:45pm, Arrive Kuala Lumpur 04.20am (*18/04/17)
2⃣ China Airlines - cost RM 1,450
15th April: Depart Kuala Lumpur 07:30am, Arrive Taipei 12:20pm
18th April: Depart Taipei 08:50 am, Arrive Kuala Lumpur 13:30pm
Please reply with your choice of option 1 or option 2 by tonight. I will proceed with booking first thing tomorrow morning. 
Sorry about the trouble, thank you for your patience and understanding. 🙏🙏😊

When I saw that, I told my mom that I wanted to go with the China Airlines flight. But then my mom told me that that would mean missing school. I did not want to miss school, but I wanted to go with the China Airlines flight. I wanted to go with the china airlines flight because I could watch the "Small TV" in there, we didn't use china airlines much, and it was the cheapiest. After thinking for some time, I decided that I would use Airasia to go back to Malaysia. It would mean that I was not missing school and my dad was not missing work.

Have you ever had a time like that when you had to go think really hard to decide between the two options? Hope to hear from you in the comment section below! Thanks for reading my blog!

1 comment:

  1. I like how you added every detail so it could make this slice more like the online conversation it is supposed to be. That makes us feel like you trust us with all this information and we can help you along your way. I like how you took the option that is better for your dad's work and your education instead of taking the option that was more luxurious.

    ReplyDelete