My heart was beating fast as I walked to the front of the stage. With confidence, I said my first line, loud and clear."So, what's next?"
My friends replied me, saying their lines. And soon enough, we were off, swiftly saying our lines.
Not after long, we reached the conclusion.
"So the next time you use single-use plastics, think about the next 10 generations after us." I said.
"'Cause these problems keep getting bigger and bigger." Linnea said.
"And when these problems actually strike, the whole world will be in crisis." Karen said.
"So please, when it's child labor or plastic pollution, go home and reconsider all this now." I said.
"Because if we don't you'll find out soon enough that we're destroying what we call," Karen said.
"Home, sweet, home." We all said together.
I heard footsteps behind me as my classmates all stumbled to the front of the stage.
I heard Linnea's 1st foot tap, signalling for us to get ready.
And as soon as she was done with her 3rd foot tap, we took a deep breath and started to speak.
"BE A PART OF THE SOLUTION AND NOT THE POLLUTION, BECAUSE US KIDS, DESERVE A BETTER FUTURE!" We all shouted together.
The audience clapped and cheered. "Nice job, kids!" I heard Ms. Schneider say as we filed off the stage.
Success! I thought as I walked back to my seat.
We had planned this performance for a long time now, and after a month of hard work, we had finally put it into action. The Night of the Notables performance was not over. The Night of the Notables performance was a performance that Grade 5 did every year. The performance was performed for the parents.
![]() |
| Karen, me, and Linnea (from left to right) |
I think that memorizing my lines was somewhat challenging for me. I don't really know why this was a challenge for me, but after a while of practicing and checking my lines again and again, I was able to overcome my challenge and memorize my lines.
There were also a few things that I learned about myself because of this performance. I learned that I had a better imagination than I expected because I was able to use my writing skills to make meaningful lines for the performance.
From watching from the other performances, I realized everyone was able to project their voices so that everyone could hear what they said. I also learned a lot about child labor and animal testing because the other classes were able to confer their information pretty well to the audience.
I wouldn't change anything about the performance because I thought everyone did pretty well.
I think that I will take a few actions because of the ideas presented at the Night of the Notables performance. I will try to use less plastic and only buy products that do not use animal testing.
Night of the Notables is a performance that Grade 5 makes every year. And from this performance, we help make the world a better place. If every school in the world did this, the world would be an amazing and peaceful place.
Because us kids, deserve a better future! Because if this continues, kids in the future generations won't know the true definition of a future. Because they won't have a future.

Bro, a lot of information. Keep up the good work
ReplyDelete-Mohammed
Good blog. Nothing special, although you basically copied your script.
ReplyDeleteI like the detail and the you made your refection combine. I don't really have any suggestions for you. I think you did a amazing job with it all.
ReplyDeleteHi Zhi Hong,
ReplyDeleteI like your blog, it was super detailed and sophisticated.
Maybe make it less... dramatic?