I heard the beep of Coach Jorge's whistle and got up on the blocks.
I steadied myself, putting my strong leg, my right leg, at the back so I would be able to get a decent head start.
"On your marks," Coach Jorge said. I put my hands down by the blocks and tightened my body.
"GO!" Coach Jorge shouted. I blasted off and dove into the water. We were swimming freestyle, and I knew that lots of people in my heat were pretty fast when it came to freestyle.
Kick! Kick! I thought to myself, frantically pulling my arms back and fourth, trying to reach the finish line first.
I saw the flags in front of me, telling me that there were 5 more meters to go. I kicked and pulled my hands and legs even harder. I slammed my hand on the finish line. Yes! I had came 2nd out of the 25 meter freestyle race. A teacher gave me a wristband. A wristband was what the P.E. department gave us every year as a compliment for finishing the race.
I opened the gate and headed outside for the next activity - wet and wild. Because I was given the number 2 by Mr. Ross, I headed to the slip and slide, which was the first activity my group (group 2) was going to do. Chris went first, and I went next. I ran and fell on my belly, sliding on the soap on the slip and slide.
Our next activity was a game where we were given a container with holes in it. We were supposed to cover the holes with our teammates and get the water in the container to another bucket, where we would empty the container. We then ran back to fill the container with water again, covered the holes, and brought the water to the other bucket. The team with the most water in the container then won. Our team tied with another team for 1st place.
Next, we went to an activity where we had a few sponges. We were to fill the sponge with water, then run to another bucket to release the water in the sponge. Then, another teammate would run to fill the bucket with water as we ran back to pass the sponge to another person. Overall, we got 2nd place.
After that, we got to eat snacks. Each person was allowed one bag of popcorn and one popsicle. Overall, I thought that today was a meaningful day of exercise. We all had a lot of fun. It was a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment