Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Slice Of Life #214 - I'm Back! - Tuesday, May 21st, 2019

    I'm back from Taiwan! I've just came back not long ago. I'm probably going to unpack my bags tomorrow because it's really late now. In fact, it's Wednesday, but I'm making up for yesterday's slice.
    I watched a whole lot of TV shows on the plane. I managed to finish 8 TV shows (each of them were 30 minutes).
    Yesterday, we went to the Tzu Chi Hospital in Taipei, Taiwan. Other than that, I also got to go to the Tzu Chi University in Taipei. I got to take a glimpse of the silent mentor program, which is a program where people donate their bodies after they die for the cause of medicine. Some of the bodies are frozen and heated up to body temperature 3 days before they are used, and students can conduct surgeries on the bodies as practice.
    After the program, the students show a lot of respect to the donor, as the donor is a teacher to them, a person who has sacrificed their body for the students.
    I'm really tired now, so I'm going to be continuing this slice next week. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment