Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Slice Of Life #256 - Lockdown - Tuesday, March 31st, 2020

    Currently, the Movement Control Order (MCO) is still in place, so I still can't go outside. Only adults can go outside, and it's only for important reasons (they're a healthcare worker, they're sick, they need to go buy food, etc). Because of that, I have only been able to walk out into our garage, which I haven't done a lot because there was never much to do there.
    However, I have managed to get myself occupied with more things. I try to keep myself busy so I won't be lazy when I go back to my normal, crazy schedule again. Other than that, I have also tried to do something productive during my free time because I find that it feels really satisfying once I'm done. I've been sleeping a little later than normal and waking up earlier than on holidays (not school days), which I like because it feels good to be waking up early - don't worry, I'm still getting all the sleep that I need.
    In the morning, I still have virtual school, except that all the classes are shorter and we get a lot more homework in some classes. Math homework is especially hard to do on the computer because I have to draw models on the computer, which takes you about 3 times longer than doing it on paper.
    Before virtual school starts at 9:00am, I try to wake up as early as I can - 7:30am would be nice - so that I can breathe in the fresh, clean morning air and feel the satisfaction of waking up early. Other than that, I also get to see the sun cover the whole sun in red and orange, a very satisfying view - and I get a really good view because I live at the top of a mountain. I do some reading, play the piano and catch up on a few interesting live-streams that I would like to watch live if I had the chance to, but unfortunately, the people are living in different time zones and therefore stream at different times.
    After virtual school, I attend any meetings or classes that I'm supposed to be at virtually. For example, today, I had a Novel Knockout meeting that started at 3:00pm. Sometimes, I also have Malay classes after school. If I don't have any classes after 3:00pm, then I try to do some things that are productive for a while. I am currently watching Sally Le Page's Evolution Live live-streams on evolution, Mark Rober's SCIENCE CLASS! live-streams, and Maddie Moate's Let's Go Live live-streams.
    And then, I do some more reading. After that, I just do whatever I feel like doing. And of course, I end my day by going to bed, ready for the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment