I heard the click of my teacher's Apple phone as he opened it. I was in Chinese class, and the story that we were reading was about dogs. When it said that dogs lived for only about 10 years, I was curious and we decided to look up how long animals live. So, we searched 'how long do animals live' and found a link on Wikipedia. It said that most dogs live lives of around 10 years, while turtles live to be hundreds of years old.
Then I came up with an idea to prank my teacher. My really good 3rd grade teacher, Ms. Victor, had recently read us the book 'Pink is for Blobfish' by Jess Keating. Because of that book, I had learned about blobfish, and no offence, but they are horribly, dreadfully, seriously, unbelievably, really, inexplicably ugly. Like, no offence. I got my teacher to search up blobfish, as I wanted to see his reaction.
"Oh, that's ugly!" My teacher said. He turned the phone away from him so he wouldn't have to see the animal (you can search it up at your own risk!) "Why in the world!"
"Apparently it was voted the world's ugliest animal." I said.
"I need to vomit." He made weird noises like he wanted to vomit.
I laughed.
"That's it." My teacher said. "I'm searching for beautiful animals."
He pretended to be relieved as he looked at beautiful animals on Wikipedia. The panda and the peacock were at the very top. I wonder what cameras were used to take the pictures, because the quality was pretty good.
"Look, the panda and the peacock look so good, unlike your best friend: the blobfish."
I laughed at his joke as I smiled and continued to finish the story and started to complete a few questions.
P.S.: This was originally drafted to be my 40th Slice of Life, but now I'm writing it 100 posts later!
No comments:
Post a Comment