Friday, November 16, 2018

What We Train Our Brain To Do - Friday, 16/11/2018

Image result for growth and fixed mindset
Credits: https://goo.gl/images/o5rKuk
    "The expert in anything was was once a beginner." Quotes Helen Hayes. Our brain controls our whole body. If we are not so intent on doing things, we can train our brain to make us do so. Recently, we learned about growth mindset. Every year, growth mindsets and fixed mindsets are units we do during counselling class. And every year, I learn something new. Throughout all these years of learning about growth and fixed mindset, I know lots about this topic.
    This year, Ms. Stone, our counselling teacher showed us a really cool video of the people competing in the Para-Olympics. They were singing a song where they kept saying that they were the super-humans, which I agree with. In this video, they performed lots of amazing stunts, and I have to say, I cannot do better than them. They came sliding down really high places and did lots of flips in a WHEELCHAIR. You have to listen to this song. There are so many cool stunts and the music is really good.
    We also learned about neural pathways, and that if we keep working on doing something really well, we can do it. Say that if I practiced a musical instrument every day for 1 hour, every day my neural pathways for playing the piano would improve. Currently, I am working to improve in playing my clarinet, as I want to get a gold belt star as soon as possible. Because I am working hard, I now have 3 more belts to pass in order to get a gold belt star (I passed a belt today).
    Overall, I think I am doing pretty well on having a growth mindset. If I was to rate myself on how well I am having a growth mindset, I would rate myself 4/5 stars. Throughout all these amazing years, I have learned a lot about having a growth and fixed mindset and now try to have a growth mindset at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment