![]() |
| An LED lightbulb Credits: https://goo.gl/images/sqE5yw |
![]() |
| My happy face when we got the LED lightbulb to light up. |
But what's the science behind the click? After all, it may be easy to press the button, but hard to understand the science behind it. That's what we learned a few days ago, on Monday. When we went down to the science lab, we grabbed a box with an index card, foil, a round battery, a LED lightbulb, and a piece of tape. We had to use all of this to construct a flashlight, or some thing that could light up when we pressed it, at least. Foil is a conductor of electricity, and we can use the foil as a wire. Because of that, I cut a small strip of foil and taped it to the long end of the led lightbulb, which was the positive end. Then, I cut another small strip of foil and taped it (lightly) to the negative end of the lightbulb, which was the shorter end. After that, I pressed the foil harder so it would light up. And it did!
From this activity, I was able to learn about how flashlights work, and was able to build one (that you can't really hold easily - lol). This is the world of wonders, and this is the perfect time to discover it.


No comments:
Post a Comment