Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Slice Of Life #71 - JUMP Camp - Happened from 10/12/2018 - Wednesday - 12/12/2018 - Thursday - Tuesday 16th, January 2018 - 16/1/2018 - Written On Monday, 15/1/2018

On January 10-11 2018, Wednesday and Thursday, we, grade 4 students had a really awesome JUMP camp. We learned many new things and improved our leadership, teamwork, communication and collaboration skills. We camped overnight in the school, but it was really hard for the boys to sleep because it was so hot in the studio. The boys slept in the studio and the girls slept in the library. Like I said up there, we learned many new things. We played many games. The games that I liked the most were:

  • Lava Pit
  • Key Punch
  • Blind Astronaut
  • Annie The Artist
  • Hoolium
Image result for ratatouille
Ratatouille was a movie
about a mouse that lived in Paris
In these games, someone had to take up the leadership part except for Key Punch and Blind Astronaut (Blind Astronaut - not really). I was the leader for most of the games, such as: Caterpillar Walk, Hoolium, Annie The Artist,  etc. I really liked the fact that I got to sleep with my friends. We had lots of time whenever we set up our sleeping bags, and I was the first to get everything organized. I got my sleeping bag, I got my pillow. I got a bunch of other things that I would need for the night/the next day. I applied my moisturizer that I needed for my allergy's and then started to play. I got out my Mensa Kids book that I was gonna figure out the tricks/not tricks out. We played American Football (no wrestling, only tagging) and also Monkey in the Middle with the Football that Mason brought (Is it called a football?). We got to watch a movie at night in our PJs (Pajamas). I ate some popcorn, which I comfirmed had no butter. I watched the movie Ratatouille. That movie was quite a old movie from 2007 and was about a mouse that lived in Paris. After the movie, I went to get my book, Auggie and Me, which I forgot to bring home the day before. Look below for a review for a review of Auggie and Me! On the first day, I didn't really get to eat much. I had to share half of my bun with my friend Nico, who had a rotten apple for... (who knows why). I got to eat all my lunch, and my best friend Toby forgot to bring food from home (he claimed that he didn't have food at home). At our small break for food, I couldn't eat anything but oranges and watermelon, but I only ate watermelon because I didn't like to eat oranges. Wake up call on the second day was at 7:00. Breakfast was at 7:00. I was the third person to wake up on the second day. I woke up about 15 minutes before it was wake up time (6:45). It was actually quite dark when I went to brush my teeth, and it looked like it was 6:00. On the second day, I liked it more because I got to take food from the teacher's area (which was way yummier and better) because I couldn't eat the breakfast they served. I also got to take the food from the canteen because I couldn't eat the lunch they served. Overall, I thought that JUMP camp was boss, the greatest, most "awesomest" camp that I have ever been in. It was a great blast.

Image result for auggie and me
Auggie and Me, a great book
Auggie and Me
Auggie and Me is about 3 more "Wonder" stories my R.J. Palacio. This does not continue the life of August Pullman, but it talks about others that know him or have a relationship with him. At first, this was published in 3 different books, but then the author decided to change it and make it into one whole book. I have not finished this book yet, but I can tell you that from what I am reading now, it is definitely a great blast! A must read, and it's very inspiring for me.

That's what happened in JUMP camp (for me, at least) Thanks for reading. Keep reading, keep writing, and have fun! What books are you reading? Did you ever go camping or stay at school for a night? Ever? Is it snowing where you are? Hope to hear from you soon! Thanks for reading my blog! Feel free to leave any comments that you have in the comments section below.  Stay updated for some other good posts and please return to my blog!




1 comment:

  1. Your post about Auggie and Me reminded me of Liv's blog post which you can see here: http://www.thelivbits.com/blog/whoseyourauggie
    I am glad to hear you enjoyed your overnight. What was the biggest lesson you learned from the time? What advice would you give next year's fourth graders?

    ReplyDelete