Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Slice Of Life #126 - Something Wrong With Me - Tuesday, 31/7/2018

    I am noticing that there is something wrong with me. I have nothing to write about. AGAIN (this is like the 5th time and I'm not even exaggerating.) Currently it is summer holidays, and I have nothing to do because we have came back from all the holidays. But there's good news. I'm starting 5th grade in just a few weeks. My passport expires next year, so I went to renew my passport with my parents.
    In front of the entrance (to make your passport) was a chain that forbids people to park there. I decided to jump over it, and good news, I did not get injured. The lift doors opened with a clank! It was about 12 in the afternoon, but when we got the number that told us when our turn would be, there were about 300 people in front of us. We planned to print my birth certificate out (because I needed it to make a passport), but when we found out that our turn was at 6pm, we went home to get my birth certificate.
    My piano teacher called to ask me if I was free to do a replacement class today. Luckily, my dad was smart enough to tell my mom to tell my piano teacher that I would do the piano replacement today. My dad knew that what the person told us was not necessarily true, and sure enough, I finished my piano class and we all came back just to find out that we had to wait until 8pm because they were going to rest for a hour to clean the place. We ate dinner, and came back at 8pm. We didn't have to worry about missing our turn because even if our turn passed, they would allow us to make our passport right away.
    When our turn came, we went to the counter. I was up first, so I handed my passport to the officer. My dad met a classmate from when he was in secondary school (I think), and they started to talk. The officer asked for my height, so I replied with a steady answer.
    "125cm." (yeah, I'm pretty short for my age.)
    Then I turned to the right. They had a really cool picture system, not only because the cameras were very good (and probably expensive), but the cameras would move up and down according to your height. The officer snapped a few pictures from his computer, and he said that I was all good. He printed a sheet of paper out. I put my left thumb on this fingerprint scanner thing, and did the same with my right. I was so happy. This meant that I could finally use the E-Gates again. I put my thumb on a ink pad, and then pressed it down firmly on the piece of paper. They were taking my fingerprint for whoever knows why (actually, it was because I didn't have a signature yet.)
    It then came to my parents turn, I started talking to my dad's friend's sons, but I soon decided to go to the toilet. We talked some more in the toilet (because they decided to go too). My mom and dad decided to go and make a new Identity Card (IC), although I did not because I still could use mine until I was 12 (or 13. I forgot what age). They had to make new ICs because their ICs were not the new format, and if it was not in the new format, then they would not be able to renew their driving licenses. We were told that we had to come get my parents' ICs tomorrow, and they were given temporary ICs to use.
    We then walked into the lift. We paid the parking fee (I memorized everything that the parking machine would say, so I recited it as the parking machine said it.), got in the car, and drove off into the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment