Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Slice Of Life #117 - Bazaar Ramadan - Tuesday 29th, May 2018

    Okay. So, today's post is going to be about bazaars. This month is Ramadan, where Muslims fast (in terms of not eating and drinking). Bazaars open at about 4pm (I'm pretty sure), which is a few hours before sunrise. Whenever it is Ramadan, Muslims have to fast unless they are sick, have the urge to vomit, or some other things happen (oh, and FYI, I am not a Muslim. I just happen to know a lot about Ramadan).
    I have been to bazaars quite a lot with my parents because we buy food for eating. My parents can eat all of the food there that are vegetarian, so they sometimes buy the food from the bazaars and eat them for dinner (typing the word 'bazaars' is pretty hard on the keyboard (opinion)).
Related image
Onde-onde
Picture Credits:  https://goo.gl/images/KN9c8r
    Yesterday, we just went to a bazaar. We walked around buying food, and suddenly it started raining. It didn't take long for it to start raining heavily, and we took shelter under a nearby shop. I felt bad for the people on motorcycles because they would have got pelted by rain. In less than 5 minutes, the heavy rain transformed into a tiny drizzle (what is wrong with our Mother Earth these days?). We walked to a shop and bought 'onde-onde', a food that I loved.
    After buying 'onde-onde', we quickly went home, afraid that it would rain again.


I guess I'll end this post here! What do you like to eat? What are you doing at home? Thanks for reading this post! Stay updated for  more posts like this!

1 comment:

  1. I love onde-onde too! The weather has been quite extreme lately. Glad you mostly stayed dry. I think you got your sunrise and sunset mixed up.

    ReplyDelete