Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Slice Of Life #249 - MAP Testing - Tuesday, Feburary 11th, 2020

    What is going on? I thought to myself when I opened up the NWEA Secure Testing Browser. I was showing me five words: Oops, where's your testing browser?
    What do you mean, where's your testing browser? I mumbled as if the computer was a living being. It should be right here, if it wasn't for you!
    "Um, Ms. Saylany, it isn't working for me," I told my math and science teacher, also my proctors for this test.
    "Ugh..." She groaned. "Go see the tech person."
    I went outside and the man eventually fixed my problem, but when I started the test and was on the 3rd question, my screensaver kicked in, which, turned out to be a big problem. Since the testing browser was super secure, it was supposed to lock everything on my computer down and deny my access to any outside browsers. However, it did allow my screensaver to go on, and once I was on that screensaver, I couldn't get out.
    I frantically clicked the trackpad to find a way to get out. Unfortunately, I was forced to force quit my computer and log into the secure browser again, but fortunately my progress wasn't lost.
    The first few questions were easy, but as I answered more and more questions, the questions started to get harder. It wasn't long before I was getting excerpts from Shakespeare's work and reading speeches about economic growth and war from former presidents a long time ago such as the Gettysburg Address.
    I went through each question slowly and thoroughly and answered each question to the best of my ability. As I neared the 40th question, I started to get nervous. There were about 40 questions in the test. I was about to get my score.
    Finally, the time came. At first, I was a little disappointed, as I thought I had went down in score, but soon I realized I was thinking of the wrong number. Indeed, I had gone up! I smiled as I went to my teacher to give her my score.

2 comments:

  1. I remember you as a very careful test taker! It must have been frustrating to have all those interruptions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I do agree! Thanks for reading!

      Delete