Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Slice Of Life #225 - The First Day Of School - Tuesday, August 8th, 2019

    I looked at a piece of paper to confirm my homeroom. My mom was chatting with her friend. "I'm gonna' go up first!" I said to my mom. "Bye!"
    My mom waved goodbye to me and continued talking. I walked up the stairs to my locker.  I opened it, put my bags inside, set the combination and locked it. I pushed open the glass doors to the common area.
    Inside, I saw some of my friends on the sofa, chatting. I went over to join them. After a while, my mom came up just to check on me and see where the grade 6 common area was. She looked into my locker to see how big it was and how much space was in there. After that, she left for home.
    At 7:55, I walked to my homegroup. Me and my friends walked into the room and started talking (because we had nothing else to do). At homegroup, we got some information about the whole day. At 8:10, we left homegroup for our first class. Because today was day 1, I would have periods 1, 3, 5, and 7. I would start my day with period 1, which was Spanish. I made my way up to the 4th floor, where all the language arts were.
    After Spanish, I had a 10-minute break, where I didn't really have time to do anything. I had to make my way down the 1st floor, which was where my lockers were. I put in anything that I didn't need and got everything that I needed (or thought I needed, at least).
    After period 2, we had a welcome back assembly. After the welcome back assembly, we had lunch.
Then, I had period 3 (and I did not know which class I had - math or science - because I did not check my schedule - but I knew that we weren't gonna' do anything in the 1st class - and math and science were in the same class. After period 3, I had period 4, which was humanities. Humanities class was slightly shorter this time because we had a Green Team (which was my house - Green Team's the best!) get together. At the end of the get-together, I got my ID card. After that, I went to the library to borrow a book - which I already finished - and went home.
    And that was how my first day of school unfolded.

No comments:

Post a Comment