Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Slice Of Life #60 - Going To Siem Reap - Day Two - Happened on 19/10/2017 - Tuesday 1th, November 2017 - 1/11/2017 - Wrote On 30/10/2017

Angkor Ticket | one day pass
The final result - Angkor temple pass
Image result for angkor wat
Angkor Wat
Tree growing out of La Phrom temple.
Lara Croft film.jpg
There was a CD in our hotel - Tomb Raider























Waking up in the morning, we got ready for the tour ahead of us, and went to eat breakfast. We could eat in the Damnak Lounge, but we chose not to because there wasn't much to eat in the Damnak Lounge, except for the fact that the juices they serve there are fresh, and you get more privacy. We went down to the ground floor restaurant, and because we were vegetarian, we asked them to make some noodles that we sort of customized. Personally, I think that their food is quite good and their service is actually quite good. After our breakfast, we went to meet our tour guide. Our tour guide was a national guide, and I think that his house was somewhere near our hotel because a van stopped by, and picked us up. Inside the van, there were already 5 people in the van. He brought us to the place that we needed to buy the temple pass, and the temple pass was very expensive - $37 (yes, 37 USD) for one person. I didn't need to buy the temple pass because I was under 12 years old. they would take your pictures, and this would be the final result. The first place we went to was Angkor Wat. Angkor Wat was really big, and it was never forgotten besides the time of the Civil War. It was built in the late 12th century, it was 65m (213 ft) and it was started by Suryavarman II and completed by Jayavarman Vll. It took 30 years to build Angkor Wat, and they estimated that it took more that 6000 elephants to build it. After going to Angkor Wat, we also went to La Phrom temple. - The Tomb Raider Temple. It was badly damaged by the trees, which destroyed a big part of the temple. The picture above shows you one of the trees growing out of La Phrom temple, and some of the trees eventually grew so big, it would be really hard to chop it off, so they just left it like that. We saw some broken parts of the temple, which they were still repairing. I also learned that if they needed to replace a block because they couldn't find a part that went there, they would go to the same area that they got the blocks from last time. When arriving back at the hotel,  it was already 5:
The Privilege Floor by BOREI ANGKOR: Jenny Seangj (staff)
Apprantely found her on Trip Advisor - Google
Related image
Roap Skipping Tricks
00PM. We watched a documentary of the temples of Angkor, and we also watched Tomb Raider. I liked it because the Illuminati gets destroyed at the end. When it was time, we went to eat. In our restaurant (I forgot the name). It had some tourists, but I think we were early, even though I think they eat earlier. The food was good, and I noticed one thing. In Siem Reap (maybe even Cambodia) lots of restaurants had a pot that held the rice, so rice would not go to waste. After dinner, we went to Phare, The Cambodian Circus. Our "hotel person",  Jenny Seangj told us that the topic would change after a short while, and said that she had alrealdy went there 5 times, and she still wants to go there. We took a tuk-tuk there, and when we reached, we saw the same person that took us to eat "yesterday". We went in, and I can tell you, the service was good. They provided you fans, and if you were in zone 1, which I was not in, you got free reusable bottles. I was quite happy that we didn't sit in seat one, because we were one of the first people in the line, which meant that we would be all the way in the front, and the bad thing was the fact that there were people with ghost masks running into the audience. Our topic was Sokha, and it talked about the life of the "vice CEO"'s life during the war. I thought that it was a really great show, except for the fact that the war part was quite creepy. After that, it was late. We went back to the hotel, and when we reached, our hotel person - "Jenny was working (it was her shift), and we chatted for some time. We then went back to our room, ready for our adventure tomorrow, still lying ahead of us.
Another plain day of school for you too? Where are you going? Hope to hear from you soon! Thanks For Reading My Blog!!! Please "Give" Me Any Comments You Have In The Comments Section Below!!! Stay Updated Some Other Good Posts!!! 

4 comments:

  1. What an accomplishment - your 60th post! Thanks for sharing your touring experiences!

    The picture of the temple and the tree - breathtaking. It really made me stop and inspect the picture! I love how your details include your reactions - your thoughts and feelings! Wonderful elaboration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Once you start to write, it becomes a routine, and you really can't miss a day. And yes, the tree and the temple really was breathtaking. They couldn't cut down the tree because it would be an awful sight. It was too big anyways. Once again, thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. I went there too I watched the same circus performance I also really did not like the war part my favourite part when is when one of the circus performers ran into the audience and started crying I also went to Ankor Wat I also watched the sunrise and I also went to the La Phrom temple although I did not watch Tomb Raider and it was actually 1 million people 1 thousand elephants and 5 hundred bamboo boats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes. The war part was really horrifying. What time did you have to reach Angkor Wat to see the sunrise? Tomb Raider was a really good movie, definitely recommended for you. It starts out kinda' scary, but once you know why the thing happens, it really is not scary at all. Thanks for the comment! Keep reading! - Your table-mate - The author

      Delete