Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Slice Of Life #59 - Going To Siem Reap - Day One - Tuesday 24th, October 2017 - 24/10/2017 - Wrote On 23/10/2017

    We departed in the afternoon, heading for Siem Reap. After checking in our luggages, we went to eat at a shop called BMS. I carried my own luggage, and my mom and dad checked in their luggage. After eating, we proceeded to the security area and went in to pass immigration. After immigration, we put our baggage into the security scanner, and when we got through, we just went walking to our gates.
    After landing, I was actually quite surprised that their airport was quite small, but was quite nice. We walked off the stairs, and then through the hot sun. After that, we passed immigration. I was the first one, so after I passed immigration, I went to the bathroom. When I came out of the bathroom, my mom and dad were already done taking the luggage off the conveyor belt, and we went out of the airport.
Image result for borei angkor resort & spa
The hotel - Borei Angkor Resort & Spa
    Usually we wouldn't have someone waiting for us outside, but in Siem Reap, there wasn't much taxis, so people from the hotel were carring signs looking for their clients. I found my dad's name, and so we went to the person telling him that we were here. He called the hotel taxi over, and we rode for about 15-20 mins to the hotel.
    When reaching the hotel, we were greeted by a person who took us up to the 4th floor - the privilege floor, which was where we were staying. They took our luggages, and gave us a little welcome treat, which was watermelon juice - my favorite, and a type of small treat (I didn't know what it was). We learned that the 3rd and 4th floor all had their own reception. We booked tickets for a circus, and paid the money for the tickets. We would collect the tickets on the next day. After talking for a short while, we finally went into the room.
    Once in the room, I started exploring the room, which was what I would do every time we first went into the hotel room. Soon, a person came up to pass us our bags, and then we started taking out everything we needed. I took the paper and the pencil (which by the way was not sharpened) and put it into my bag. The pencil was too big to fit into my pencil case, so I just put it into my bag along with the paper. I found a little "control panel", so instead of switches, we would tap buttons to on the lights. It had lots of labels, but it was also quite complicated to know which light was which because we did not have a sofa and one of the lights were labeled 'sofa'. I took a few minutes to figure out which was which and then turned on the TV so we could watch it.
Image result for chamkar siem reap
Chamkar Resturant
Image result for chamkar siem reap
The spring rolls they serve there
     When sunset was happening (which was 6:00 pm), we went to eat. There, we got our first tuk-tuk, and requested to take a picture with the driver. After taking a picture, we asked the driver to take us to "Chamkar", which was a vegetarian restaurant. When we reached there, we paid the driver 3$ (for your information, they use USD there). The driver asked what time to come back, and we told him to come back at 7:00, which left us with one hour to eat. There were lots of frogs jumping up and down, and the frogs were really small, yet they didn't run away from us. It became dark really quickly, and  it seemed like it was already 10 am. There was no one eating there, and we were the only people eating there for the whole time. Before they served the food, me and my dad explored the small garden they had there, which, of course, was swarming with frogs. Me and my mom took a picture  there, and went back to waiting for the food to come. We ate some fresh spring rolls, curry (which was not spicy at all) some rice, and also ordered a big bottle of water (which was expensive - 1$ - expensive for us at least). After dinner, there was a tuk-tuk outside, but it was a different one. He told us that his father (the previous person that took us to the restaurant) had told him to come here to take us to the night market. For proof, he showed us a picture of his father, and we went onto the tuk-tuk.
    It didn't take long to reach the night market, and we paid the person 2$, and he asked us what time he should wait for us, but we didn't know, so we had to find another tuk-tuk when going home. There was not really anything we wanted, so we came back to the hotel with nothing new, or nothing we bought, at least. When reaching the hotel, we chatted a little with the person we checked in with before heading into our room. After heading into our room,  We took a bath, and watched people sing on the TV (well, that was what my mom wanted to do at least) and prepared to sleep, knowing that we had a long day in front of us, and a big adventure. I might even meet my classmate, Zhee Loc because she was also in Siem Reap for the holidays.
What did you do this weekend? Are you also having holidays? Where are you going? Hope to hear from you soon! Thanks For Reading My Blog!!! Please "Give" Me Any Comments You Have In The Comments Section Below!!! Stay Updated Some Other Good Posts!!!

P.S Sorry I forgot to post last week!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoyed your time in Siem Reap. I was there a few years ago and really liked it. I hope you got to see some of the temples. It was amazing to me that they are so old, but still survive. We are lucky to live here where we can travel easily to new and exciting places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Malaysia is a very good place to live. To me, it just seems like if you stay in Malaysia, you have the opportunity to see many fabulous things, and that is true. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yup, I sure did. We met in the airport, and we had the same flight. It's surprising to know that you found me in the bookstore!

      Delete