Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Slice Of Life #40 - SUPERCAMP!!! - Part 1 - Episode 1 (This was wrote from 29/5/2017 - 30/5/2017 but was published on 30/5/2017 and this happened on 27/5/2017)

    It was 7:30 in the morning. Finally! Time to go to Supercamp! I had woke up many times that morning. I was really excited to go to Supercamp.
    We arrived at Supercamp at 8:00. This time, Supercamp was being held at GIS - Garden International School. I registered and went to put my bags like everyone did, and went to join the group. We started playing a game called Ninja. It was a game when you had 2 hands as swords, and we had to try to chop of each other's hand (Also known as sword, which kind of doesn't make sense.) It was a really fun game. I decided to go on full protection mode and was very careful when I attacked people because they can also easily kill you if you are not careful. After that, we played a weird game where snakes would eat rabbits (I know that's not weird...), rabbits would eat horses (Common sense???), and horses would eat snakes (Not too bad, but still... Common Sense???).
     After that, we went up to the classroom. At first, they said this: Boys here, girls here, don't go in the wrong room!". At first I thought that boys and girls were separated. It was until I realized it was the bathroom. After that, I learned that the magic word for going in is LET US IN!!! LET US IN!!! LET US IN!!! (How rude...). After that, everyone wanted to go in, so then we all started chanting: LET US IN!!! LET US IN!!! LET US IN!!! and they let us in. When we went in, we all started dancing (I didn't want to dance, but I did.). Then they all introduced themselves and did the "2 Truths, 1 Lie" game. I found many weird facts and I also found a good tip for the "2 Truths, 1 Lie" game - The most common one is the false one. I found out that my team leader - Sam, has some stitches on his head because he was playing wrestling with his friends. (His friend just dropped him and he started crying. There was blood everywhere. (Then his girlfriend just walked past, HEHE...)) After that, we went into our groups and introduced ourselves, then played a "Get to know yourself better" game. After that, one of the teachers told us the "Airport Rules" at Supercamp. The rules were really strict. Do 1 thing wrong and they pull you out of the group, have a chat (Really, they get really mad with you) with you, and SEND YOU BACK HOME with NO REFUND of the program. Then, it was break time. I watched some people practice baseball on the field. It was fun.
    Then we went in and made a shopping list (We didn't really need it). We used some "Power pegs" to remember the shopping list.

Power Pegs:

  1. Sun
  2. Eyes
  3. Triangles
  4. Floors
  5. Fingers
  6. Sticks
  7. 7 Up
  8. Octopus (Tentacles)
  9. Lives (It's a myth that cats have 9 lives)
  10. Hen
  11. Hands (Put your hands up and they look like 11)
  12. Fried Eggs
  13. Black Friday
  14. Heart
  15. Tennis
  16. Sweets
  17. Magazine
  18. Graduation
  19. 19 Inch Tv
  20. MONEY!!! $$$$

Shopping List:


  1.  Ice Cream
  2. Mc Donalds
  3. Potatoes
  4. Fried Chicken
  5. Kimchi
  6.  Fish
  7. Chips
  8. Sausage
  9. Pizza
  10. (I forgot)
  11. KFC
  12. (I forgot)
  13. (I forgot)
  14. Sushi
  15. Coca Cola
  16. (I forgot)
  17. VEGETABLES!!!
  18. (I forgot)
  19. Candy
  20. Chocolate
    After that, we went back into our groups and played a game where you had to give/do what the teacher said and the fastest group would win 1000 points. Our group was not too good (No Offence if anyone from my group is reading my blog, but it's true...). We only got 3000 points. The winning group was group J (I was group I) and they got some candy (I think because I couldn't really see). After that, we had break time. I ate some bread and watched a friend in my team called Jedi dance. He was a AWESOME dancer. In fact, he won 7 dance tournaments!!!
    After that, we learned that the founder of Supercamp was called Bobbi (At first I thought it was spelled Bobby). He interviewed a lot of popular people and asked them their key to success. She (She's a girl) then came up with 8 keys to success. "Keys open the doors, keys open the doors. Keys, keys, open the doors." Then they said at Supercamp, when you heard the word "keys", you had to say: Keys open the doors, keys open the doors. Keys, keys, open the doors.

The 8 Keys To Success
  1. Integrity - Your values matches with your actions.
  2. Failure Leads To Success - It's ok to fail! Failure = Feedback
  3. Speak With Good Purpose - Words are powerful, it can build people up, and tear people down.
  4. This Is It - Make the most/ best of every moment.
  5. Commitment - Put in 100% effort and make your dreams come true!
  6. Ownership - Take responsibility over the choices that you make and the consequences that could happen.
  7. Flexibility - Be willing to do things differently.
  8. Balance - Make good decisions in life.
   Then, we wrote down what was our favorite Key to success and why it was our favorite key to success. My favorite key was Failure Leads To Success because I like learning by failing. Then it was time to go home. We returned our name tags, I went to the toilet, and chatted with one of the team leaders, Taf all the way down. On the field, I saw some people half naked playing rugby. I quickly found my dad beside the field and we went home. (There was a net separating my us and the "half naked rugby dudes".)

Have you ever been to a 2 day camp? Have you learned a lot in the camp? Hope to hear from you in the comments section below! Thanks for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment