Yup, you've read that title right. We're in lockdown again. After multiple events that occurred, a recent surge of Covid-19 cases has occurred in Malaysia, and our healthcare system is on a breaking point. Covid-19 patients that have tested positive but have no symptoms are quarantined, but not treated in the hospital because our hospitals are already full to the brim with patients. One of our well known hospitals in KL is at 83% of it's maximum capacity, and only 20% of doctors are working in the hospital due to the other 80% being in quarantine.
The king has also announced a state of emergency, but to be completely honest, that doesn't really change much for us. I've been cooped up in my house 90% of the time anyways.
However, I do really hope that the state of emergency and the lockdown is going to solve this issue, because I'd like to be over with this once and for all, to be able to roam free into the unknown.
No comments:
Post a Comment