It's 2021, and it's the start of a new year! This year, I'm making it a goal to increase my consistency in slicing, and I hope that I'll actually be able to meet that goal as I'm getting busier and busier each year.
2020 has been a very confusing year for me (and I'm sure all of us), but I'm hoping that we'll find solutions this year. I'm hoping that the vaccine will be improved so that it works for everybody. I'm hoping that we'll finally be able to take off our masks and walk freely, to be able to breathe clean, fresh air again. I'm hoping that the cases will plummet, and that the restrictions will be lifted. I'm hoping to go to school and meet my friends in person again. I'm hoping for small little things that we often take for granted. I'm hoping for a better year.
However, it's good to think positively, and I think that 2020 has thought me a lot of things. It's thought me about how we ever so often take so many things for granted. We live lives of freedom, lives in which we can do anything we want, anytime we want to do it. But, that all can be taken away, and it's only a matter of fact whether we acknowledge it. I think that 2020 has really given me a chance to think about this and acknowledge this fact, and this in turn has thought me about the importance of appreciation. I can say for certain that I'll be more appreciative now, and I think that I need to take lesser things for granted. By being appreciative, I can observe the world around me and learn more things, and maybe then, just maybe, I can build myself a better future. That's my goal for 2021.
Great reflections as we begin a new year. Somehow a new year feels like a fresh start. Your goals sound meaningful!
ReplyDelete