I'm 12 now! And that means that I have to go make an identity card (IC), as I can't use my MyKid (identity card for kids) anymore because it doesn't have a photo. Because of that, I did what any kid would do: I went to the immigration center with my parents today to make a new one.
Upon reaching, we met a woman at the front door who asked us what we were here for. We told her that we were here to make my IC, and she asked us another question.
"Do you have an appoinment?" She asked us.
"Appointment?" I questioned. Since when do we have to make an appointment? I thought to myself.
"Yeah. If you don't have an appointment, you have to go make one. Please take a look on our website.
Okay, no big deal. We just have a make an appointment, and then we can make my IC later today.
However, upon logging on to the website, I found out that all the slots were full until the end of the month. Woah! I thought to myself. There sure are lots of people turning 12 this year!
Well, I'm back home now, and we've scheduled an appointment this Thursday - at another immigration center (I mean, I can't wait too long. I'm pretty sure it's a rule that I have to make it very soon right after I turned 12, and I turned 12 two months ago). I had to postpone making my IC by 2 months because I celebrated my birthday under lockdown, so now, I have to make it since the lockdown rules aren't as strict anymore. Until then, bye!
A rite of passage! What do you use the card for? I like the way you included your inner thinking here as it made the piece easy to imagine.
ReplyDelete