Zhao Yang (ZY), Maya, and Wesley on one team?! I thought to myself. Of course they are - and they're probably going to dominate if I'm just being honest...
I met with my team and we started the Kahoot. Today's competition was multiple choice, and we were competing as a group against other students in our school for some Kinokunia/Amazon gift vouchers.
The competition was very hard. The fact that all the books were novels (except for 1 book) didn't help at all. Longer books meant more detail, and more detail wasn't a good thing, especially when the competition required you to remember all the details of the book.
Overall, I thought the competition was okay. Some questions were brain boggling and simply left me dumbstruck, whereas others were very easy. Fortunately, they were multiple-choice questions, so we managed to answer most of the answers correctly.
I still remember how I felt when I looked at the scoreboard. I did not feel confident. Just as expected, ZY's team was crushing us. However, after a while, we were hot on their tails. As we entered the last 10 questions, we knew we couldn't let them win. We went into full tryhard mode and answered the questions to the best of the ability (not that we weren't doing so before). Fortunately, our hard work paid off. We saw our points get higher and higher until our group name finally skimmed past theirs. WE WERE IN 1ST PLACE!
But I knew we had to keep maintaining that lead. This group was good, and they could steal our lead anytime. And fortunately again, we were able to do that. The last few questions went by like a blur, and finally, it was time to see the final score for the first section of the competition. My heart thumped loudly. I shivered even though it wasn't cold as I waited for the final score to come out. Finally, 1st place was revealed - IT WAS OUR TEAM! I shrieked with joy and lay down on the floor. We were in the lead - at least for now...
No comments:
Post a Comment