Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Slice Of Life #278 - Bored At Home - Tuesday, April 14th, 2020

The Movement Control Order (MCO) in Malaysia has been extended by two weeks, and it's driving me crazy. The Movement Control Order currently imposed on all people residing in Malaysia is now in its 3rd stage. The MCO was originally supposed to last only 2 weeks, but it has been extended twice (to 6 weeks), and I think that they'll extend the MCO even more after the end of these two weeks.

This means that the reopening of schools all around Malaysia may be delayed even more because they aren't essential elements of society (they are, but schools being close for 6 weeks isn't a big deal because Malaysia is implementing virtual learning on all government schools and all other schools are also learning online). However, the Coronavirus situation in Malaysia has improved, 

Due to the MCO being extended, police are also raising the bar. There are now roadblocks everywhere and a reasonable reason to be out must be presented to get past. Unfortunately, these roadblocks can be found within a 10km radius, so they are causing havoc when it comes to traffic. I watched a video just about an hour ago of one of the roadblocks taken from a passenger on the MRT (train), and it was absolutely crazy. There was about 1km of traffic due to police checking each and every single car to make sure that they were out for a good reason.

Because of the MCO, I'm also pretty bored every day at home. I have nothing to do and school only lasts until 3:00pm (not that I want it to last any longer). Other than that, I don't have very many virtual classes other than school (I only have Malay), so I don't have anything to do except for homework, which usually doesn't take very long.

Unfortunately, nothing much has happened in my household in the past week, so I don't really have anything to write about other than the situation in Malaysia right now. However, the MCO is also kinda' good, because I now have much more free time to spend with my family. I usually don't get to spend this much time with my family on weekdays if it weren't for the MCO because my dad would be working and I would just be coming home from Malay class right now. Other than that, I can also sleep in because school starts at either 8:30 or 9:00, so I just have to wake up an hour earlier (I try to wake up at about 7:10am) and get ready for school - no travelling time means 1 hour saved!

Well, that's really all I have to say in today's post! I mean, what much is there to write about when you're stuck at home for 4 weeks? I haven't stepped outside the boundaries of my house for the past 4 weeks, so that means that I don't really have much to write about because life at home is pretty boring. I'll end this post here! Bye!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Zhi Hong, What are you reading or writing to fill your time? I feel like this is a great time for students to find an interest and make time to really work on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I really agree! I'm currently reading "We Are Not Eaten By Yaks" by C. Alexander London, and have just finished reading The Weight of Our Sky by Hanna Alkaf. You really should read The Weight of Our Sky! The author tells the story through a mental illness rarely understood and will keep your heart beating until the very last moment.

      Hope you're having fun reading lots of books as well!

      Delete