Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Slice Of Life #240 - Dale Carnegie - Tuesday, November 25th, 2019

    On Sunday, I went to attend the Dale Carnegie course. Apparently, this course is supposed to be a "motivational course", but it really stresses how to become the best you you can be. I had skipped at school trip to the MPO (Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra) to go attend this course (which I was very sad about, but according to my friends it was a little boring - one of my friends who I will call T (he was in my class in 3rd grade) slept through the whole performance, according to him).
    I learned how to approach people and make friends with people. We learned about many things such as how to remember things better and how to be better prepared for an exam. We learned about some things that were essential to help bond friendships and to make people like you better as a friend and thought about who we wanted to apply those rules towards to get to know those people better.
    My parents were the ones who recommended me to go for this course. They had gone to this course in 2013, and they thought that it was really good and that it was going to be useful for me later on in my life, so they told me to go for the course. At first glance (so far, at least), I think that the course is pretty good and that the information that I learn will be useful for me later on in life. I'm actually attending the course for 13-17 year-olds, but my parents think that I'm mature enough for the course, so they let me attend the course. I was originally going to attend the English course, but the English course got canceled due to a lack of people, so I changed to the Chinese course. My goal is to win the Highest Achievement Award mainly because my dad earned it in his class, but also I want to grow as a learner in general anyways. If I don't earn the award, I won't be too sad (mainly because everyone in the class is at least 2 years older than me - I'm pretty sure 2 years older, but I'm the youngest in the class).
    I also got my own copy of the books How to Win Friends and Influence People and How to Stop Worrying and Start Living. Now, we have three copies of these books (because my parents also got them when they attended the course). My dad also has some books that cannot be bought in a normal bookstore because he earned those books by talking lots and giving good answers to questions in his class.
    Once I finish this course, every member of my family will have completed this course (because my mom and dad already attended this course before). I'm excited for next Sunday and what I'm going to learn in the course!

No comments:

Post a Comment