Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Slice Of Life #239 - High Achievers Award - Tuesday, November 19th, 2019

    "Chan Zhi Hong, High Achievers Award." The emcee said as I walked up the stage. I gave the woman a firm handshake.
    "Congratulations," She said to me as she handed me my certificate.
    "Thank you," I said, walking down the stage.
    I had been selected for the High Achievers Award for piano in my respective grade. I had successfully managed to secure 98% on my grade 1 piano practical exam. To get the High Achievers Award, you had to secure the 2nd highest score in your respective grade in your state (which means that someone got at least 99% on their exam - like, how?).
    I had managed to secure the 2nd highest score along with a few others in this section (3 others got the same grades as me), and therefore had earned the High Achievers Award, which was why I was at this auditorium with lots of other talented musicians to claim my award.
    I had woken up early that morning and ate a light breakfast (I didn't feel like having a heavy breakfast). My piano teacher had also come to watch me claim this award.
    There were many people performing at the event. The performers were all award winners, and honestly, they were all a lot better than me.
    There were also two people who managed to claim the exhibition award. They had managed to get the highest marks in the whole country to get this award. There was also one last award, but I forgot the name of the award. To get this, you had to get the most marks and best grade for your category.
    I was (and still am) very satisfied with the results that I've got in my exam. I'm going to keep working hard and I hope that I can earn this award next time.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Zhi Hong! This is was a double success- great to hear about your piano results in a slice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I hope everything's going well for you too!

      Delete