I was really scared. Today, I was going to be extracting my baby tooth because a permanent tooth had already grew behind it.
I heard the door creak as a nurse opened the door to the dentist's consultation room. "Zhi Hong," She said kindly.
I took a deep breath and walked into the room. "Hi," I said to my dentist, Dr. Cheah, who I already knew because my parents were friends with her. "So, you're going to be extracting your tooth today, huh?"
"Yeah," I replied. I was really nervous because I am really scared of pain.
She took a look at my teeth. She used a metal object and pointed at a tooth. "It's this tooth you're going to be taking out, right?"
"Yes." I replied.
Dr. Chuah turned to my mom. "Did Dr. Teh give a letter saying which tooth to extract?"
I had recently gotten a retainer, and Dr. Teh was my orthodontist (AKA the person who told me to extract this tooth. AKA the person who gave me the retainer.)
"Yes, she did." My mom replied. "Let me call his father to see if he has the letter with him."
I didn't really know what they were talking about. I remember the letter Dr. Teh gave my parents being on a piece of paper. Then I realized that my dad had probably took a photo of the letter. My mom showed Dr. Chuah the letter.
Dr. Chuah started to put the numb cream on the tooth. She told me that she would count to five and then it would be over. But, it wasn't 5 seconds. It was more like 10 seconds. Those 10 seconds felt like an eternity. The first few seconds didn't hurt, but when we got to the final few seconds, it hurt a lot. My eyes started to tear up.
Unfortunately, we had to do it twice, which wasn't very good news. Fortunately, the second time didn't hurt as much.
After that, I gargled my mouth. Dr. Chuah picked up something and started pressing my tooth with it. It was to check if she had put on enough numb cream, which she did. Dr. Chuah then picked up a pair of pliers and told me that the pain was over.
She used the pair of pliers and took my tooth out. I got to take my tooth home to keep it. I exhaled with relief. It was over.
P.S.: If you are reading this and are also scared of pain, I don't mean to scare you with this slice. On the other hand, it doesn't really hurt that much.
No comments:
Post a Comment