Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Slice Of Life #131 - Sent Home - Happened on 4/9/2018 - Tuesday, August 4th, 2018

    Ok. Some of you may be wondering why I am posting this post earlier than usual. Well, it's because I was sent home. Here's how it began. I was in class, and my eyes were itching like crazy. My teacher, Mr. Herbert, suggested that I go to the nurse. Because our school followed a strict buddy system, I had to go down to the nurse with a friend.
    Usually I avoid the nurse, because I realized that there isn't much meaning (not that there's no point) in going to the nurse, because you body just goes back to functioning like usual at the end of the school day. But because my eye was itching like crazy, I would have gone anyways, even if my teacher didn't ask me to go to the nurse.
    After about 20 minutes in the nurse's office, he told me that I would have to go home. He called my mom to tell her that I would have to go home. My mom told the nurse that she would reach the school within one hour.
    During my time at the nurse, I did hear about some funny incidents, but I'm not going to talk about them in this post because I don't think they are appropriate to post here. Anyways, I grabbed a book and started reading. Problem was, all of the books in the nurse's office were all books below my reading level, so I was basically stuck with pictures.
    After a while, the nurse went up with me to grab my bag and all my belongings so I could bring them home. In the process, my eye started to itch again, I think because of the environment.
    Every once in a while, the nurse would put some normal saline. according to my dad. According to my dad (again), he says that the amount of salt in normal saline is equal to the amount in our blood.
    Because I went up to my class to get my belongings, I was finally able to read books that were my level, specifically One Half From the East.
    I feel pretty unlucky to have to miss PE/Phys Ed/ Physical Education because today was the day we were going to use the new artificial field in our new school. Plus, we were going to play capture the flag, which I think is fun. Other than that, today was library day, which was the day we would go to the library to borrow, read, and return books. Since today was day 7, a odd day, my grade, grade 5, was allowed to the library for recess. I wanted to go to the library for recess because the new library is SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO COMFORTABLE, especially the pillows in there.
    Other than that, today was the second day of ASAs (After School Activities), and I had photography, which I think is really fun.
I wish that I can go to school tomorrow, because tomorrow I have really fun activities, and I hope my conjunctivitis (red eye) recovers by then.
    P.S.: I am very proud of myself for typing most of this post without looking at the keyboard because I had some ointment in my eyes, which blinded me from being able to see. Now, I can see clearly now, so all is fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment