My class:
![]() |
| My class |
We have a friend called Hannah leaving us, going to China.
What were the highs (Good things) -
My reading, writing, and math.
Reading:
| Ida. B Applewood - Our book club book |
I improved a lot in my reading because my fluency is now better and my group mates have been helping me with my vocabulary that I didn't know. I also liked my book club book - Ida. B Applewood was really good. My book club partners were Leo and Aurora.
Writing:
I improved in my writing because I learned a lot of new good powerful words to use in our writing and I also improved in my post-assessment.
P.E - Physical Education
I like P.E because the games that we played were really fun like Danger Zone, The Grinch That Stole Christmas, and Star Wars.
Using Technology
Now my typing is way faster than before because, in 3rd grade, my typing speed was 45 WPM (Words per minute) - 50 WPM, but now my typing speed is 60 WPM - 78 WPM (my highest speed). We (our class) won a pizza party because our class had the fastest typers. We had a tiebreaker with 4HR.
What were the lows? (Negative things) -
Social Studies
Social studies for me at first was a little boring because we had to complete some worksheets about culture, but now we have science, and I am ready for what we have next semester.
Swimming Lessons
I also didn't really like swimming because we didn't focus on diving, but as it got to the more "higher level swimming lessons", it got way better because we got to go on races according to your level, and we also learned to dive. I was in the yellow group in swimming.
P.E
When we had P.E, one of our units was the dancing and skipping unit. We had to come up with our own dance with our group members, and we had to come up with a skipping video with our partner. At first, we were doing well with the skipping video, making good progress. We practiced our moves, but when it came to moving, we had some problems because my partner kept messing up and sometimes our ropes would hit each others'. In our dance video, we started out really bad because our partners were not collaborating. Then we slowly got better and better, and it was great.
Science
In science, I at first was stuck, but when my teacher, Ms. Kerr let us do research for my project, I was doing great. I had problems installing a wheel and axle onto a pulley, but I realized that it could have been done in an easy way. Finally, when everything was done, I had 4 simple machines in my project.
How did you improve on in math, science, social studies, reading, and writing?
Math
I improved a lot in my math because now I know how to do multi-digit multiplication. I also improved a lot in my subtraction because, in the beginning of the semester, my subtraction was not too good, but I slowly improved in my subtraction, and I can do my subtraction quickly now.
Writing
![]() |
| Me commenting on other people's writing |
My writing has improved a lot because I did not get as much extendings as last year. I write very good essays myself now. It doesn't take a very long time, but I do it faster if I am on the computer, and I think I write faster on the computer than on hand.
How was your teacher?
Our teacher was the best teacher in the grade - obviously. She lets us play fun educational games on the computer during our free time.
| Ms. Kerr, our teacher |


No comments:
Post a Comment