Friday, November 10, 2017

Deepavali/Diwali Cultural Day

Me and Toby, my best friend

The result











At school, we had a Deepavali cultural day. On that day, we got to do many fun things. When it was time for music, we learned how to dance a Hindu dance and most of the words in the song was just "Baile". An Indian friend in our class called Raj danced, but he really didn't like it. After some time, the time for the dancing class was over and we went to learn how to cook some food. I was partners with Toby, my best friend. We had a slice of bread in front of us. I sliced it in half, and my Toby sliced them into thirds. I desperately asked again and again. "Is this vegan?" This was all because I was allergic to lots of stuff so to make it easy, I would just ask if it was vegan. We mixed the bread with a sauce, which was made with vegetables and flour, and we then gave it to the teacher. When the teacher took the fried food out. The smell of the food rushed up my nose, making the smell of food rush up everyone's nose.The result of the food was awesome, and I ate, wanting more and more each time. We ate some little crumbs and then went to recess. After recess, we went to see and try some of the food and see some of the things they do for Deepavali. Some of my friends got Henna, but I didn't because I did not prefer it. We also got to watch Indian dances in the Studio. The performance I liked the most was the drum performance. There were 2 people playing the drums, but it sounded like 10 people were playing the drums. It was a really fun and great day. 

3 comments:

  1. Nice, Zhi Hong! I loved Diwali too. My favourite part was probably the food. What was your favourite part? Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you put pictures for the results of bread pagoda, because when you put how you made bread pagoda. I thought it looked like something else, but then when I saw the picture I could see what the sauce it may be and it helps me to envision bread pagoda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! what an awesome description of the events we had here on campus last Friday! I am glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete